Zero Tolerance Policy
The doctor-patient relationship is the cornerstone of clinical care. For us, at Cahernane Medical Centre to work in partnership with you, we believe it is essential that the relationship is based on mutual respect, openness, good communication and honesty.
All employees have the right to be able to perform their duties without fear of abuse or violent acts.
- All of our staff to be treated with dignity and respect and will not tolerate
– Swearing or use of bad language at staff
– Threats or threatening behaviour
– Any form of physical violence
– Verbal abuse
– Racial abuse and sexual harassment
– Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress
- Patients to be respectful of practice and HSE national policies (i.e. covid 19 guidance in general practice)
- Patients to be responsible and avoid attending the surgery under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Any alteration of prescriptions is illegal and will not be tolerated.
- Patients to arrive on time for their scheduled appointment, if a patient is running late or is unable to attend we expect to be informed as near to the appointment time as possible.
- Patients to be accountable and responsible for following clinical advise on their illness/treatment, we cannot facilitate continuous consultations where advise or guidance is not followed through by the patient.
- Patients to be respectful to other patients, to be mindful of consultation periods, we allow 15 minutes for each GP consultation unless otherwise stated, and run ‘back to back consultations’, therefore having an overrun impacts negatively on other patients waiting to be seen.
- Patients to be aware of services covered under the GMS contract, Not all services are covered under the GMS scheme – common services not covered include: - Driving Licence Medical and Driving Licence Eye Test, Travel Vaccines, Medical examinations or reports for legal purposes; Examinations relating to insurance policies; Phlebotomy (Blood tests)
Any form of physical /verbal abuse, threatening behaviour will result in a patient being removed from the practice list.