Just a quick few first aid steps to help you in case of burns. Firstly, you need to stop the burning process so:
1. Remove the source of the burn, i.e soup, boiling tea etc, make sure to wipe it away as soon as possible.
2. Take away any clothing or jewellery from the area. However under no circumstance do you attempt to remove anything that is stuck to the actual area.
3. Water, water, and more water! Place all of the burn area under cool running water for at least 15 minutes. DO NOT USE ICE, ICE COLD WATER OR CREAMY SUBSTANCES.
4. If the person is starting to feel too cold, wrap them up with a blanket or layers of clothing as there temperature might drop. (particularly in an older person or a young child)
5. Depending on the severity of the burn you can cover it with cling film in a layer over the burn.
6. For pain relief, burns can be treated with paracetamol or ibuprofen.